(Updated 1/9/2019: Zoom meeting information added at the end)
An ILAGO workgroup has revised and updated the existing Information Literacy Outcomes and Criteria for the AAOT General Education curriculum (found in Appendix E) to better align with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy. After an extensive drafting and open comment period, we are ready to share the final draft: Outcomes and Criteria for Transferable General Education Courses in Oregon: Information Literacy.
Currently, most examples of Information Literacy are from the Writing course sequence, we need to demonstrate IL teaching and learning in other areas of the Gen Ed curriculum (from Cultural Literacy, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, and more). Do you have examples of Information Literacy in a discipline area that you’d like to include? Add them to this working draft of Information Literacy Criteria for AAOT Discipline Areas. We also welcome suggestions for language revisions for clarity or context.
- Continue to seek endorsement from each of the four-year transfer institutions
- Plan to submit these to the Higher Education Coordinating Commission in early 2019
- Host an open forum for feedback and questions on January 15, 2019 from 11am to 1pm (link to online meeting room forthcoming).
This effort is an example of Information Literacy advocacy for Oregon students, and we hope you’ll join in!
To join the meeting, use the information below:
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
- +16465588656,,411595590# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,411595590# US
Dial by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
411 595 590
Find your local number:
— Sara Robertson and Sarah Ralston